Friday, January 20, 2012

Sniffle, Sniffle

Sniffle. Sneeze. Snot. Sound gross? Welcome to my life!

For the past three days I’ve been battling a head cold, which I totally blame on the fact that I work at the germ factory. How is anybody supposed to stay healthy working around children whose parents send them to school when they’re sick because “she’s not going to feel any better sitting at home” or with coworkers who also come to work with whatever bug they’re coping with? Done venting. Sorry. Can any other teachers relate? Does this happen in other professions, too?

Anyway, back to the cold situation. I have gone through so many tissues. Thank you, Puffs Plus Lotion for giving my nose a softer alternative to more abrasive tissue options!

Since I was pretty much useless for a few days (since midnight on Wednesday when I woke up sick and, much to my dismay, realized that it was way too close to wake-up hour to take NyQuil), I was able to keep up with my goal of doing my Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 video each day. I told myself that I could take breaks in between circuits if I needed to, but once I moved a bit I felt a lot better. I just had to make sure to replenish fluids and keep the tissue box handy. I am loving this video so far, and it may all be in my head (amid other things), but I feel like it’s already paying off! I’ve completed five consecutive days; tomorrow will be day six, and I will take Sunday as a rest day before moving on to week two. I can’t believe that I’m already almost a quarter of the way through a challenge I’ve established for myself!

So, I guess that’s all I really have to report. I did return to school today, and it was good to see the kiddos. I could have taken another day just to catch up (and make it to the weekend), but the rest really helped me feel better. Gone are those days of working while sick and simply letting my body get further and further behind in its recovery. To everyone in the Blogosphere, take days off when you need them! Your body will thank you.

Some random notes:

  • We never got our 8-10 inches of snow. Just a pesky two or three. Hopefully some of the snowfalls showing up on next week’s forecast will bring more of the fluffy white stuff.
  • I have about 100 pages left in Kristin Hannah’s Firefly Lane. I am at that point where I am wondering what could possibly be left to happen, and I’m fearing the worst. I love it when a book gets me that way!
  • I have a few chapters left in Mary Kay Andrews’ Deep Dish. I’m listening to this one, but I also own it in hardcover. I’m debating just finishing it up, but then what would I do during my long car rides this weekend?!
  • I’m planning to do day two of Couch to 5k tomorrow, provided the rest of me is up to it.
  • I’m so thankful for everybody else posting the awesome things they’re doing. It helps me not give into my own inclination toward laziness.

I’m not sure anybody is reading, but I’ll keep asking… Weekend plans, anyone? What goals are you currently working toward?

No comments:

Post a Comment